Calming The Anxious Mind
It is very natural for all of us to feel surrounded by a number of unwanted and negative thoughts. While these thoughts make us restless, uneasy and disturbed mentally, they also have a tendency to impact us physically. When we are stressed, the muscles in our body tighten up and our breathing becomes shallow.
However, by taking slow and deep breaths we can relax our mind and body. Deep breathing enables us to experience physical and emotional calmness by loosening your muscles and releasing tension. This exercise is also a powerful tool to relieve stress by providing the right amount of oxygen to all your body parts.
How should I do it?
- Choose a quiet, comfortable place to sit or lie down, with no distraction.
- Close your eyes, and try to relax.
- Take a deep breath by slowly inhaling from your nose. Let your abdomen expand fully.
- Now, breathe out gently by exhaling through your mouth, making the exhalation longer than the inhalation.
- Continue this inhalation-exhalation cycle for 5- 10 mins.
- Practicing deep breathing for 5-10 minutes every day will have a calming effect on your mind.
“Take a deep breath and give yourself permission to step back from everything that is making you feel anxious.” – Jade Marie
Post a comment